Blog Post #3

 Copyright is the right to copy. This means that the original creators of products give legal authorization to ones who wish to reproduce their work. Fair use on the other hand, is any copying of copyright material done for a "transformative" purpose. This can be done without permission from the copyright owner. As a teacher these concepts are important when students are creating projects or citing sources in essays. I will make sure each student either has a copyrighted source or simply rewrites the source in their own words in order to avoid plagiarism. 

One technology implementation is cyberbullying. With the advancement of technology, cyberbullying has only grown and as a teacher, it is important to stop cyberbullying before it starts. In order to avoid cyberbullying, I would create an anonymous sheet located by computers where anyone can say how they're feeling. However, most children do not like to get other kids in trouble so I would make sure I can see every student's comment or post on the websites we use in class. Academic dishonesty is also a technology implementation. Especially with most classes being remote nowadays, it is super easy to cheat. Using a system such as Honor Lock will limit the amount of cheating used in classrooms. 

By creating the newsletter, I learned how to create a banner on Canva and move it to Microsoft Word. I also learned how to make a cut out located at the bottom of my newsletter. My newsletter is pretty basic, however it still has all elements required to receive a high passing grade. For my next newsletter, I will try to step it up with my design and think outside the box. I can use these skills that I learned to create future newsletters for my students to send home to their parents. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9