Blog Post #5

    I have had Twitter since February 2017. I do not usually use it a lot and when I do, I normally just find some relatable tweets that I find funny. However, recently I have seen numerous tweets about the upcoming election. In some way, Twitter is somewhat informative. People tweet about current problems and things they wish to see change, for example, the BLM movement. In my future career, I would see myself using Twitter as a way to post what is going on in my classroom. Maybe post upcoming assignments or tests so students can see. 

    The digital divide affects students' success in schools because some students may not have the same access to digital resources as other students. For example, one student may not have a computer or wifi connection at home, causing them to get behind on schoolwork and assignments. As a teacher, I need to assign work that can be done by hand and by computer. This gives students the opportunity to complete work even if they do not have the same resources as everyone else. I will also allow students to complete online work during school hours if they do not have access to a computer at home. This may affect my teaching strategies because I might have to teach lessons using a pen and paper rather than on a computer or website. 
  
    In my future classroom, I would like to implement Khan Academy and MyMathLab. I used both of these softwares when I in school and I found them very beneficial. Khan Academy is more of a high school software that can be used to help prepare students for SAT or ACT testing. MyMathLab is a math website that my teachers used in order to submit homework rather than collecting sheets of paper. MyMathLab also automatically graded homework assignments, which saved time for my teachers. 

Khan Academy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9