Blog Post #9

Learning from a distance this semester was challenging. I enjoy not having to rush to walk across campus in order to get to class, however, I feel as if I am just receiving busy work. I feel that I am not learning anything. I also dislike how professors think that just because I am learning from a distance, that I have more time to do assignments. When I become a teacher, I will make sure students are not overwhelmed with assignments and I will try to meet with my students one-on-one to make sure they are up to date with work and the material. 

Open educational resources (OER) are freely accessible and openly licensed digital assets that teachers can use in order to perform lessons. Some examples of OERs include open textbooks or online tutorials that can be used for lessons. Teachers may use OERs to add an enrichment activity to the lesson plan. However, some problems with using OERs include creating equity problems if different schools within the same district use them too much. 

Working on the past two PowerPoint assignments, I learned how to do voiceovers on PowerPoints-I was unaware you could do that. What I found difficult, however, was creating a link for my Jeopardy game so that when I clicked on the amount of money the question was, it would go to that specific question. I enjoyed the voiceover and speaker notes that I used for my Hamilton presentation. Next time, I could improve my PowerPoint by rehearsing it a few times so I don't stumble over my words like I did. 





Comments

Post a Comment