Blog Post #7

After visiting the Griffin Middle School Website, I noticed this website has specific links designated to parents, staff, and students. There is also a calendar located on the welcome page where anyone has access to see any upcoming events. In the student section, student links such as "Portal", "Testing Dates", and "Course Request Forms" are provided. Under the parent section, parents can find the lunch menu, bus schedules, and "Before School" forms. 

https://www.leonschools.net/griffin


In order to accomplish my professional responsibilities more efficiently and effectively, I envision myself using technology on a regular basis. With every lesson that I teach, I plan on using some sort of technological device because students in todays day and age have become accustomed to technology. I plan to use Trello, which is an organization website to keep all my files organized. I also plan to use Engrade, a software in which I can create my own quizzes that are specific to what I am teaching. 

After working on a wiki platform such as PB Works, I noticed how out-of-date the software was. It was kind of difficult to use the software simply because I was not used to the applications from that long ago. I did like, however, how easy it was to work on documents as a group (although only one person could work on it at a time). I could use a wiki in the future so my students could work on documents together without actually having to meet in person. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9